Club Fair

Left to Right: Ray Mamas (11), Kiera Bolton (10), Harneet Singh (10), and Izabella Watkins (12) celebrating the arrival of the GSA Club to Norwin.

Anthony Olshanski, Vice President

Many things lost by COVID have returned to schools across the country.  One of the many school aspects making a comeback are clubs and extra curricular activities. Clubs are a great way to interact with your peers, network with others outside of Norwin, and to get more involved within your community.

On Friday Sept. 9,  2022, Norwin High School held it‘s annual club fair in the Auditorium lobby during each lunch period. The 2022-23 Club Fair displayed the clubs available at the school to engage with students to join and participate in clubs.

“Clubs are essential to the high school community,” said Model UN President Maleah Phetsomphou (12). “They build unity and provide students with the chance to express themselves.”

The Club Fair this year showcased clubs with members behind a table advertising their clubs to other students. GSA club is handing out papers to join their club. TPUSA club is giving out pins and stickers sponsored by TPUSA.com

Using those tactics to attract members is a great opportunity to give more people an open minded to joining a club.

“Model  United Nations Club President, I love listening and learning from those around me,” said Phetsomphou (12). In Model UN, serving others is a priority. It gives me the chance to connect with younger students as well.”

Clubs are an exciting and new experience for all who would love to join and are just starting off. If you‘d like to find more information about clubs. Visit https://highschool.norwinsd.org/apps/departments/index.jsp?show=CLUNorwinsd.org.